People have always asked us here at Bit Rebels how we can do so many things and yet still be able to write our articles. Everyone knows that @adamsconsulting, @Minervity and myself have full time jobs as well. It is not easy, but passion and the love for writing and sharing has given us a lot of energy to do all the things we want and love to do. The real key is time management.
Managing one’s time is important. Having a schedule and making sure you stick to it will help you achieve a lot of the things that you have committed yourself to do. Some people might think that multi-tasking is the answer, but it isn’t really. There are just some guidelines that you need to follow in order to get things done.
1. Cut your work load into bite size chunks – It is always good to cut your workload into manageable chunks of time. You can either finish off the things that need to be done right away, or prioritize the harder tasks so that you can easily breeze through the easy ones much faster.
2. Create a check list – Have a to do list. Keep a little note pad handy and jot down what needs to be done based on your priorities. Then cross out or check the ones you have already accomplished.
3. Set a schedule for fun time – As the saying goes, “All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.” Scheduling some fun time will definitely give you a more balanced life. You won’t feel deprived or burned out.
4. Be forgiving – Don’t beat yourself up if you do not finish a task on schedule. Just make sure that you accomplish the task the following day. Getting stressed out won’t do you any good, it will only hamper your productivity.
5. Create a time line – This is great for when you are working on projects whether they are big ones or small ones. Having a time line that you can check from time to time will allow you to chart your progress.
Main Image Source – Keeping an Eye on Time