Top wedding dance songs are something you need to take into consideration when planning your wedding reception. You need to think of your first dance song as a married couple as well as dances with your parents. So, of course, you will want to choose songs that are meaningful and special to each of those relationships.
[pullquote]Your wedding reception playlist is something you can personalize from start to finish.[/pullquote] You can choose songs that are special and meaningful to both you and your spouse. As well, you can think of fun dance songs that your guests will enjoy. You and your fiancé should sit down and compose a list of your favorite songs and then go over this list when you meet with your DJ or band of your wedding reception.
Father-daughter wedding dance songs need to capture the special bond between a father and his precious baby girl. And mother son wedding songs need to highlight the closeness between a mother and her baby boy. Parental relationships are a special part of your wedding. You are leaving the safety of your parents to start a new life with your spouse so you want to make this moment one your father and/or mother will remember forever.
Check out our list of top wedding dance songs to give you inspiration.
Top Wedding Dance Songs To Make Your Wedding Memorable
Tender First Dance Songs
First dance wedding songs are important as they are the first dance that a couple will share as newlyweds. Of course, you will want to find the perfect song. You might be one of those couples that had their own song practically the moment that they met. Or you could have a song that you heard while you were together as a couple and you both looked at each other and thought “That’s our song!” Or you might be torn between several songs, not quite sure which one is the perfect song for your first dance as a newly married couple.
Have no worries, we are here to help. We have gathered a list of some of the best love wedding dance songs to help you choose the perfect song for your first dance to start your new life together!
Take a listen to these top wedding dance songs to find the perfect first dance song for you and your beloved.
- Amazed: Lonestar
- Grow Old With Me: Mary Chapin Carpenter
- Up Where We Belong: Joe Cocker and Jennifer Warner
- We’ve Only Just Begun: The Carpenters
- Come Away With Me: Norah Jones
- I’m Yours: Jason Mraz
- Truly Madly Deeply: Savage Garden
- The Search Is Over: Survivor
- This I Promise You : *NSYNC
- Fly Me To The Moon: Frank Sinatra
- The Book of Love: Peter Gabriel
- Faithfully: Journey
- Bless The Broken Road: Rascal Flatts
- From This Moment: Shania Twain
- Can I Have This Dance: Anne Murray
Father-Daughter Wedding Dance Songs
The father-daughter wedding dance song is one that is very powerful as it symbolizes the special love between a bride and her father. Or if her father is no longer in her life, it could be another male figure such as a brother, cousin or close friend. Whatever the case, the father-daughter dance song needs to be able to express the sentiment and/or bond between the bride and her father/father figure.
From classics such as “Through the Years” to today’s pop hits such as “Daddy,” we have compiled a list of some of the best father-daughter top wedding dance songs for your perusal,
- Because You Loved Me: Celine Dion
- The Way You Look Tonight: Frank Sinatra
- When I’m Sixty Four: The Beatles
- Wonderful Tonight: Eric Clapton
- Daddy: Beyonce
- Through The Years: Kenny Rogers
- Over The Rainbow: Isreal Kamakawiwoʻole
- Unforgettable: Nat and Natalie King Cole
- Your Song: Elton John
- Wind Beneath My Wings: Bette Middler
- Daughters: John Mayer
- Isn’t She Lovely: Stevie Wonder
- I Loved Her First: Heartland
- Dancing Queen: Abba
- My Wish: Rascal Flatts
Wedding Recessional Songs
While it’s not quite as symbolic as your first dance as a couple at the reception, the wedding recessional song is still an important part of your wedding ceremony. Therefore, it should be a song that has special meaning to your relationship with your new spouse. From romantic ballads to fun pop songs, there are dozens of songs that are perfect for wedding recessionals. We have gathered a list of some of the most popular wedding recessional songs to help you out.
- Book Of Days: Enya
- Everlong: Foo Fighters
- The Best Of Times: Styx
- You’re The First, The Last, My Everything: Barry White
- Canon in D Major: Johann Pachelbel
- How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You): James Taylor
- Now That We Found Love: Heavy D. & the Boyz
- I Do: Colbie Caillat
- You Make My Dreams Come True: Hall & Oates
- Just The Way You Are: Bruno Mars
- Love Song: Sara Bareilles
- In Your Eyes: Peter Gabriel
- Forever Young: Alphaville
- This Magic Moment: Drifters
- Signed, Sealed, Delivered: Stevie Wonder
Mother-Son Top Wedding Dance Songs
Mother wedding dance songs are another important part of the wedding reception. Just as important as the father-daughter wedding song, a mother-son dance song is also symbolic and meaningful. You will want to select a song that captures the beauty of the relationship the groom shares with his mother. Again, if his mother is not currently in his life, he can choose to dance with a grandmother, aunt, cousin, sister or even his closest female friend.
We have put together a list of some mother-son top wedding dance songs to give you some helpful suggestions,
- A Song For Mama: Boyz II Men
- I Hope You Dance: Leanne Womack
- Mama He’s Crazy: The Judds
- Sweet Child O’Mine: Sheryl Crow
- You’re Gonna Be: Reba McEntire
- You Are Loved: Josh Groban
- You’ll Be In My Heart: Phil Collins
- A Mother’s Prayer: Celine Dion
- The Perfect Fan: Backstreet Boys
- What A Wonderful World: Louis Armstrong
- Angels: Robbie Williams
- Mama’s Song: Carrie Underwood
- There You’ll Be: Faith Hill
- The Dance: Garth Brooks
- You Decorated My Life: Kenny Rogers
We hope that you have found our list of top wedding dance songs to be very helpful! We are sure that you will have the perfect blend of music for your wedding recessional and reception! Congratulations and best of luck in your new life together!
For more entertainment-related articles and information from us here at Bit Rebels, click here!