Found this great piece of Luxury Packaging for a book entitled “New York”,Â a 1,000 limited edition book.Â The designers at Become gave the book a distinctive look by making it stand like a tallÂ building, mimicking that of the tall skyscrapers that New York City is known for.Â The golden book, sits in a bronze/golden base covered with a transparent glass cover, creating the effect of a tall building with glass windows.
New York is the worldâ€™s greatest book about the worldâ€™s greatest city. Two years in the making, its narrative spans the cityâ€™s entire five-hundred year history, from its rural beginnings in the early
sixteenth-century, when the land was occupied by Lenape Native Americans, right through to the bustling metropolis that it is today. Comprising of thirty-three chapters, the book covers every aspect of the New York story, including history, architecture, design, art, fashion, music, film, television, dance, sport and 9/11. The chapters are written by the cream of New Yorkâ€™s literary talent, including archive pieces from David Remnick, John Updike, Don DeLillo, David Halberstam, Pete Hamill, Tom Wolfe, Gay Talese, Colson Whitehead and EB White, with new commissions from James Sanders, Anthony DeCurtis and Pulitzer Prize-winner Paul Goldberger.
- Print run strictly limited to 1000 individually numbered copies.
- Unseen photography sourced by hand from American archives.
- Giant format (42cms x 32cms or 16.5â€ x 12.6â€). 756 pages.
- Luxurious production – hand finished in fine Italian silk.
- Presented within a striking â€˜towerâ€™ display case standing 52cms or 20.5â€ high.