Nowadays, if you want to buy a high-end smartphone, you have two big options: with a two-year contract or SIM free. As you probably know, the big difference is a price! If you get it SIM free, it’s pretty expensive, especially if we’re talking about the latest models, like the Samsung Galaxy S8. On the other side, if you get it from a carrier, you will get it at a way better price, but the biggest disadvantage is that, for two years, you’re stuck with the same network…
But hey, what if we told you that getting the phone with a two-year contract is actually the best option! Ok, but what about the carrier lock? No reason to worry about it, since you can now unlock your Samsung Galaxy S8 in just a few minutes, using a safe and secure method!
We’re talking about unlock codes, of course! The beauty of this method lies in the fact that it has some major advantages, compared to rooting and flashing a new firmware or asking your carrier to do it. For example:
- It can be done by anybody since no special technical knowledge is required
- There’s no need to use cables or special software for this
- You don’t need to wait until your phone is fully paid
- There’s no risk of damaging your phone if it’s not done properly
Sound pretty good, right? Well, let’s see how it can be done…
In order to unlock your Samsung Galaxy S8 by code, everything you need to do is follow the next steps:
1. Find A Reliable Code Provider
After a quick search on Google, you will come across several unlocking platforms. However, just a few of them are actually trustworthy. After doing a fine selection and checking their Trustpilot ratings, we can recommend UnlockScope.com or UnlockUnit.com, two of the best choices you can make right now.
2. Place Your Order
No matter which of these two services you decide to use, you will see a form which needs to be completed with a few details, as it follows:
- IMEI – It can be found by dialing *#06# and it’s very important to provide the correct one since it’s required to calculate the Galaxy S8 unlock code
- The name of the network and country the phone is locked on – Please be very careful with these details! You need to provide the name of the network on which the phone is currently locked, not the one on which you’re planning to use the phone after unlocking it.
- A valid email address – Finally, this is where you will receive the code.
After you’re done with the order form, proceed to payment.
If you prefer, you can also get your code directly from your phone, by using the UnlockScope app.
3. Receive The Code And Insert It In Your Phone
Usually, after an hour, you will receive an email containing your Samsung Galaxy S8 unlock code, as well as additional instructions on how to use it.
Insert a SIM from an unsupported network into your phone, other than the one you’re currently using, and power it on. You should see a message like “SIM network Unlock PIN” or similar, as well as a special field, where you can insert the code.
Using your keyboard, type the unlock code and hit “Unlock”. In a few moments, your Galaxy S8 will display a message like “UnlocSuccessful”, meaning that it’s now ready to be used in any network around the world!
See? We told you it was very easy!