The iPhone 3GS was launched just recently and now was made available all over the world. But what is the big deal about this new updated cellphone? Is there really a big difference? Below is Photo Credit: Apple, Inc. (Left – iPhone 3G, Right – iPhone 3GS). if one looks at them closely you would say that there isn’t really any difference. Yes, just some slight modification, but the big difference lies inside them.
- The battery life as they say is much longer for the iPhone 3GS.
- the iPhone 3GS is remarkably different. It has a significantly faster processor (600 MHz up from 412 MHz, with a dramatically improved graphics processor as well), twice the RAM (256 MB up from 128 MB) and support for faster 7.2 Mbps HSDPA.
- It has an improved 3.0 megapixel camera with VGA video recording at 30 FPS as well as autofocus, macro, and white balance support, a “tap to focus” feature, and new basic “video editing” capabilities (you can cut the beginning and end of a clip “in camera”).
- It also has a digital compass which is helpfully integrated with Google Maps to make it easy to tell which direction one is facing.
- In addition to the “twice as fast” performance, better camera, improved battery life, and digital compass, The iPhone 3GS also adds VoiceOver for accessibility, voice control functionality, integrated Nike + iPod support, and an inline remote on the headphone cable (like the iPod shuffle 3G).
- Check here for more information.