There is always a question that looms around specially on the subject of social media. Is social media a fad? Or is it the biggest shift since the Industrial Revolution?
Maybe some have already seen the video but felt it had to be shared to our bitrebels readers. What is cool about this video is that it has numbers or statistics. I think this is a pretty good tool one can use when he or she wants to explain social media and how it has affected the way we communicate today. How through social media the world has become a bit smaller and information is disseminated much faster.
Here are some tips to better understand social media:
1. There is no better way to understand social media than by actually diving in. Experience the various platforms available. See which suites your purpose and time available for you.
2. There are a lot of social media platforms you can try out. There is no one absolute medium. You have Twitter, You Tube, Facebook, Bebo, Linkedin, Blip so many out there that you can use to share and connect.
3. Don’t force others to like what you use. People have various reasons for joining social networking sites. Everyone is unique with different needs.
4. Surf the internet, check out various sites, read blogs open your horizon and who knows you might stumble upon a delicious bit of information that you will really digg.
5. Have fun and interact with people of the same interest. Be creative and most importantly be open to change.
So is social media a fad? Check out the video and find out.