Have you been bitten by the social media bug? Do you update your Twitter and FaceBook account everyday? So many people now engage and converse real time via social media. Some people like the convenience of being able to use applications that can make their online life more effective and more fun. Others like to use them because they prefer to communicate efficiently and not miss out on any important conversations and connections.
Now that there are so many different social networking platforms that we all use, newbies or beginners often wonder how others who are more experienced have adapted so easily and how they handle their status updates, tweets, link sharing etc… We at Bit Rebels understand that need and have compiled a list of 6 popular applications that can help you. We hope they will be tools that enable you to enjoy more and worry less. With our ever busy schedules, it’s nice to know that there are tools that allow us to work productively and enjoy our social addictions at the same time.
1. Social Visor – SocialVisor is completely different from all of the other desktop clients since it basically sits on the top part of your screen and keeps showing you live updates from both your Twitter and Facebook accounts.
2. TweetDeck – TweetDeck is your personal browser for staying in touch with what’s happening now, connecting you with your contacts across Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, LinkedIn and more.
3. Snitter – Snitter is “Snook’s Twitter”: an Adobe AIR-powered application for twittering. The Adobe AIR platform is both Mac OSX and Microsoft Windows compatible. There is currently a Linux version of Adobe AIR in alpha testing but some functionality is likely missing.
4. Twhirl – Twhirl, a social software desktop client for Twitter, is based on the Adobe AIR platform. Most of the features available on the Twitter website are accessible through Twhirl also. Plus, a lot of usability enhancements have recently been added.
5. Seesmic – Build your community in one central place with Seesmic Desktop, which integrates both Twitter and Facebook. This all-in-one tool makes it easy to reply to your friends and share text, links, photos and videos all in one screen.
6. Spaz – Spaz is an award winning Twitter client