Social Media is now the trend. While the majority of brands and companies are just starting to get into the phenomenon, others still ignore the power of social media because they are afraid of how to handle the impact if they get negative feedback. There may be some risks, but if you know how things work it won’t be a problem. If you are authentic, and you really want to engage and converse, then social media is the way to go.
I love social media because it has opened up a lot of horizons and possibilities for me both professionally and personally. I have met the coolest people from all walks of life because I am active in social media. The guy i am engaged to right now would not have found me if not for FaceBook (long story there and people close to me knows this). I have learned so much in terms of design, blogging and technology because of Twitter. If you have not yet found a reason to love social media, I have made a list here of 25 reasons to love it. Maybe you have some more ideas to share here. Please share with us by leaving a comment. We would all surely love to hear from you.
1. You can update your friends and family with what is happening in your life via Twitter and FaceBook.
2. You can help your favorite charity.
3. You can create a movement.
4. You can share what you like via social networking buttons which are now available with just one click.
5. You can share music you love with friends that have the same musical taste.
6. You can sell or advertise.
7. You can converse with your consumers.
8. You can share your opinions via commenting on blogs, updates or links that you like or hate.
9. You can play social games.
10. You can share your passion and start a blog.
11. You can watch videos and share your favorite ones.
12. You can create an album and share it with the world.
13. You can take a snap shot, share it with friends, and allow them to give you feedback.
14. You can stalk someone – but this is not recommended.
15. You can check the weather and traffic updates in real time.
16. You can get real time news on breaking headline stories.
17. You can chat with your friends on FaceBook and Twitter.
18. You can find a job and post a job.
19. You can get feedback on what you are considering buying and how you look.
20. You can find out where people are via Foursquare and Gowalla.
21. You can find inspiration for your design or your blog.
22. You can find out what your friends are cooking or eating in real time.
23. You can get how-to tips about anything under the sun.
24. You can find out the trending topics of the day before they hit the newspapers or the television.
25. You can make people laugh or get cheered up by funny blogs or humorous videos shared on YouTube.
Main Image Source – No. 25 Mosaic by Hannah Aviva