Rebel Shop Geek Store

Previous Article
Check Out More Of Our Geekery
Next Article
LIFESTYLE | 2 Years Ago By Diana Adams

Science: What Your Eye Color Reveals About You

Your-Eye-Color-and-Personality

Did you know that no two people have the exact same eye color? It’s true! Did you know that every person who has blue eyes comes from the same ancestor? Everyone with blue eyes has a very specific DNA difference. Many of us know that when most babies are first born, their eyes are a hazy bluish color, and then they change into whatever color will be that baby’s permanent eye color. The reason for that is because an infant has almost no melanin in his or her eyes. This changes very quickly though. There are also many things that your eye color reveals about you.

Long ago, brown eye color was considered to be the dominant one. However, now scientists know that your eye color is a multi-gene trait, not a single-gene trait. So, it’s a little more complicated than to simply say that brown eye color is dominant. It’s more of a gene combination. It is even genetically possible to have your eye color divided into two colors on your iris, or two different color irises.

FeaturePoints – One of the best apps that will pay you for using it!

Also, did you know your eye color can change over time? Since the eyes don’t constantly produce pigment, they can become lighter or darker as time goes on. You can see all of these facts and more illustrated in this fun infographic below by Mezzmer. Since our eyes obviously tell so much about us, it will make me think twice before wearing colored contacts. Whether your eyes are brown, blue, green or gray, you can be proud knowing that your eye color truly says a lot about our ancestry. You can see some beautiful eye photography too by clicking over to You’ve Never Seen Eyes Like This Before!

Your Eye Color Reveals A Lot About You…

Your-Eye-Color-and-Personality

Via: [Best Infographics]

Author Avatar Image Representation

Author: Diana Adams

Diana has a passion for blogging and has written over 4,000 blog posts. You can usually find Diana working in her home office in Atlanta or sitting in the corner of a downtown Starbucks somewhere with her mobile devices in one hand and a Grande Caramel Macchiato in the other. She loves Star Wars, hot chicken wings, and nice people.

Ashley

January 3rd, 2013

So if everyone with blue eyes comes from 1 descendant, and I have brown eyes, but my great grandfather had blue eyes, does that mean I have the blue eyed DNA in me as well?

.-. I don’t quite comprehend it all yet. Also my eyes change color a LOT. I saw myself in the mirror at school and they were like a yellow/light brown. I could see my pupil clearly—yet most times they are brown or close to dark brown.

Aiden

January 27th, 2014

Yes, you do have blue eyed DNA in you. The thing is, is that bout of your parents have to have the blue eye color gene, or that combo of genes. If you have any further questions, please email me @ leeaiden10@gmail.com

Katelin King

May 7th, 2014

You’re eyes do not actually change color, the appearance of the “change” is your eyes reflecting what color clothing or make up you are wearing.

Panda

May 14th, 2014

Actually, eye colors do change. My dad has blue eyes, but day after day they turn a grayish-blue, then back to the same blue before.

Ella

January 4th, 2013

my eyes arent any of those colours mine are pinky purple not naterul att all cause the whole of my family have brown eyes!

Kyle

April 25th, 2014

its called Alexandria genesis most which are more resistant to disease

RR

January 12th, 2013

both my eyes are two colors! on the outside they are blue and on the inside (near the pupil) they are tan.

Anonymus

February 8th, 2014

thats called central sectorial heterochromia

Drew

January 17th, 2013

What about eye color changing over time? Not just the shade of the color. My eyes used to be dark brown, and now they’re mostly green with a bit of hazel around the center.

Raymond

January 22nd, 2013

I think my eyes change color. Because sometimes when i look closely in the mirror my eyes are so dark it’s almost impossible to see my pupil. But sometimes my eyes are a lighter shade of brown and I can definitely see my pupil.

J

January 25th, 2013

Ah, my beautiful green eyes – so rare!

Marie

February 8th, 2014

Lucky-what color is your hair? I’ve got red hair, and I’ve always wished for green eyes. But, no green-eyed ancestors. So I got stuck with blue. :(

ST

February 2nd, 2013

hey my eye colour, outer the border is greyish blue and inner is brown

ST

February 2nd, 2013

oy……….my eye colour whenever i look close in mirror seems like it has bluish grey shade

hannah

February 4th, 2013

what does it mean if i have blue green eyes?

Lea

February 10th, 2013

I love my rare green eyes! My eyes are a very vivid shade slightly lighter than forest green, but have a ring of brown-gold around the pupil that makes them look amber in very low light. Do I have heterochromia? I read once that it’s a condition called “Minimal Central Heterochromia” but I’m not sure how reliable the source was.

Zoya Nawaz

May 10th, 2014

I thought i was the only one! However, yes, you and I do have MCH. What color’s your hair? Mine is black.

Lea

February 10th, 2013

They’re especially strange because everyone else in my family (my parents, and both brothers) have brown eyes, and so do both paternal grandparents and my maternal grandmother. My paternal grandfather has blue-green. The science of genetics has always fascinated me.

Judah

February 12th, 2013

I’m happy to know that i have black eyes, considering that they are the most rare next to Albinos

Dan

February 16th, 2013

I love my rare green eyes!!! (and so does everyone else)

Heather

February 18th, 2013

My eyes: One green with brown streaks, and the other green. I’d be very interested in the theory for that. XD

Melissa

February 19th, 2013

My eyes are green on the outside and brown on the inside.

anonymous

February 22nd, 2013

I have green and blue eyes with a hint of yellow. My eyes are constantly changing from blue eyes to green eyes and it all depends if you look up close or far away from me.

sammie

February 27th, 2013

i love my lovely hazil eyes

sammie

February 27th, 2013

i apslotly love cheese

anonymous

February 27th, 2013

My eyes are really weird. One day, they’ll be this strange gray-green-blue color, the next they’re ocean blue, then they’re stormy gray, then they’re gray-blue, and then the change to gray-green, and finally green-blue. Not neccessarily in that order. Often, they change to the greenish hues when I feel a strong feeling, like anger, excitement, or have an extreme adrenaline rush. Sometimes, when I’m exhausted they turn to one of the gray shades, and when I’m merely contented, they turn blue-green, gray-green, or blue-gray-green. I also have a gold-colored ring around both of by pupils that looks like the “ring of fire” during an eclipse. I AM SO CONFUSED!!!

Mixxy

July 1st, 2014

I know the feeling! My eyes used to be greenish- almost brown… When I cried they turned extremely blue. After my dad’s death they went a lot more blue and the brown in my eyes can barely be seen. A source I found said that eye color can be caused by trauma. My eyes constantly change color depending on my mood and feelings…

anonymous

February 27th, 2013

Adding to that, when I was little, my mother said that I had hazel eyes… She has a mix of olive/hazel, and the rest of my family has bright blue eyes, except for a few relatives with olive eyes.

John Mandrake

March 6th, 2013

My eyes are a light whiteish color, a thin color of green? On top of it and golden lumps forming a circle around my pupil

Crazy Spirit Bear

March 10th, 2013

I’m Native American & Celtic ancestry, my eyes are green. I’ve known two African American men with green eyes. I know some other Native people with green or blue eyes. One girl with light blue eyes, one guy with dark blue eyes, and here’s the interesting thing: If all people with blue eyes have the same ancestor, then how do you explain a blonde female occupant of a UFO with the deepest blue eyes I’ve ever seen? Hmmm… The plot thickens.

Aimee

April 9th, 2013

I cant truly tell if my eyes are blue or green. I think they change color because sometimes when i look in the mirror they are green/hazel green blue/green amber/brown and blue/gray. Sometimes they even turn purple but not often. Is this genetic or just the lighting?

Aimee

April 9th, 2013

But they are mostly blue green. Even though i love my eyes.. i want to make them brighter too. Is there any way to do this????

Missy mills

May 16th, 2013

I’m confused I me a guy with dark center colored eyes an the rim was shades of grey blue an green it almost looked iridescent ill been told my eyes do the same when its extremely hot. Both him an cant see this change an in the mirror all we see is a grey outer rim . Kinda crazy but if u ask any1 they all say idk what color that is its all kinds of colors. My grandma Native American blue an yellow eyes that changed green an grey my mom drk brown an grey. I never knew of this change is it normal to not see it for myself.

Pat

May 20th, 2013

How about eyes that don’t make any sense.

Even DNA typing gets this wrong. TWO DNA tests and each say blue, no way are they blue. Or the pale featureless blue they are supposed to be.

Cyan

May 27th, 2013

I don’t think the chart is entirely correct. Both my parents have brown eyes (Father has light brown). I have green eyes. My sister has Hazel.

lucy

May 31st, 2013

Sometimes I hav amber eyes sometimes I hav red sometimes green but they change according to my mood

Your Name

May 26th, 2014

no, no they dont.

blossom

June 10th, 2013

my eyes are all ways pink

Olivia

June 12th, 2013

Thank God i have a beutiful Hazel eyes!!!

Your Name

June 28th, 2013

I have heterochromia, one blue, the other is brown!

Elizabeth

July 4th, 2013

I have this really pretty blue grayish eye color (hard to explain) but like someone else said,they’re eyes are blue and they change a lot to green and stuff… Mine are kinda like that too.. Like if I have a green shirt on,they look green…and if I have a blue shirt on,they look blue.And my eyes have this yellow ring around the pupil also. It looks so cool,and a lot of people have commented on how pretty they look. (: And wow,i never knew that not one person has the same eye color as someone else..because my dads eyes look so much like my eye color… COOL!

stan martin

July 6th, 2013

My eye color are light brown in the middle the spiders out to green then blue with a purple ring on the outside. I am curious to know what kind of ancestors I would have?

Your Name

May 26th, 2014

none, your from mars

Lmnopqrst

July 14th, 2013

My eye color starts with a silver ring around the iris and then moves on to the pupil which is always changing colors. When I was little it would switch from green to blue but now it switched from gray blue to bright silver. After the pupil there is another ring around the pupil that is gold. What can you make of that because I’ve got nothing…..

hazel

July 17th, 2013

Where is the hazel eye information?

Mary

July 17th, 2013

I have read also somewhere else that there is no such thing has blue/ hazel. Hazel is a variation of Brown’s and greens. You may have blue half and a brown or green half but that is not labeled as hazel. That is something else entirely. Hazel and Green are the rarer eye colors..or so I’ve read.of course there is so many contradictions out there now. I just rely on scientific study, and even that is still under constant research. .

J BRITT

July 25th, 2013

CAN TWO BROWN EYED PEOPLE HAVE A BLUE EYED CHILD? THANK YOU.

Noni

July 26th, 2013

Well I know for a fact up till about 12, I had bright deep blue eyes, but there now a light shade of green with pigments of yellow and blue around the central pupil, what’s that about?? Lol

Jamie

July 28th, 2013

J BRITT – Yes, it IS possible for two brown eyed parents to conceive a blue eyed child, but there is only a 25% chance of it happening.

Ava

August 2nd, 2013

My eyes are a deep turquoise color with a dark yellow rim. Also my pupils are very small. That is why I can see underwater very clearly. Funny though. I can’t see in chlorine only in saltwater. People say I’m a mermaid because Ivan see exactly what there doing underwater

Bennett

August 3rd, 2013

my eys change from aqua-green to an agua-blue, and sometimes they are a very light green or blue. Is there any explanation for this?

jessica

August 3rd, 2013

My eyes have a dark blue outer rim and inner rim (along the outside of the iris and just around the pupil), green mixed with a yellowish hazel, and also in my left eye there are a couple of spots of what look like red… Im currious on how i got all if that when my biological parents are both brown eyed… I never would have really noticed my major coloration if it werent for art class…

fai means

August 7th, 2013

This is a bit weird but, when I looked in the mirror I had green eyes with a black rim. My eyes are usually are a light blue with golden-looking specks in them so imediatlly I was shocked.

Your Name

August 12th, 2013

Well I have blue eyes, but there is only one other member of my family with blue eyes, and that was my grandfather. But his eyes were more of like a grey.
My dad had green eyes, my mother has brown and everyone else that I know in my family has brown eyes. So the fact that I have blue eyes confuses me.

Christian

August 12th, 2013

One thing I don’t understand, in the chart showing what gene combinations determine eye color; six result in brown(most common), two in green(most rare), and one in blue. So if only one combination out of nine result in blue, how is green the rarest? This makes absolutely no sense.

Lover Eye

August 15th, 2013

My beautiful dark brown eyes. I love them.

Cheryl P.

August 15th, 2013

I have two colors also. The outer edge is blue and that inner is green. Mostly green though.

rubie

August 16th, 2013

Mostly like when i wake up my eyes are a vivid green with sparkles of grey and around the pupil there’s a color like gold but real light like yellow that people say it looks like a flower and others that look like a yellow star, and they change to blue, grey then back to green and sometimes they look just a weird color of yellow, they normally change like everyday depending of what i wear and if i cry they change to this super green, like all of the color pigments just change to this emerald vivid greenish color. But when i was a little girl they were grey but suddenly they started changing.. So now when people ask what color they are i have to just look for a mirror and check what color they are at that moment lol

Brooke

August 24th, 2013

My eldest daughter has one dark brown eye (like her dads) and the other is a green. I have sky blue eyes….our youngest daughter has dark brown eyes. I love eyes myself first thing that I look at with someone

Nicole

August 25th, 2013

My dad has pure blue eyes, my mom’s eyes were brown but now are turning to pure green, and my older brother’s eyes were brown but now have brown around the pupil, then green, and are turning blue! I don’t really like my eye color. They are brown with gold flecks and yellow rings with dark green/hazel on the outside. The way I am describing it makes it sound like a really pretty color when from a distance it looks like dull, plain, boring brown.

TJ

August 26th, 2013

My eyes are naturally orange and change to a dark blood red with black lines… My dad and 3 of my sisters have blue eyes, everyone else is hazel. No brown. No green. How does this happen?

bitty

August 28th, 2013

my eyes change colour as the days go by. sometimes they can be green sometimes grey, sometimes a light blue, brown, hazel, they seem to change all the time. its so weird…

Candy

August 30th, 2013

My brown eyes used to be darker, but now that I’m an adult, they are lighter. My sister’s on the other hand, have gotten darker. I wish they would change to a completely different color so it would be easier for people to see my pupils!

wess

August 30th, 2013

My eyes are a really pale blue with a golden colored ring in the middle of both irises

Megan

September 2nd, 2013

My eyes are usually hazel but they change from hazel to dark, dark brown, to a yellowy brown, to green, to green blue, to blue brown. I think my eyes are my best feature. :) but all eyes are cool. I love how no two pairs of eyes are the same. No two people are the same so eyes shouldn’t be!

Ame

September 8th, 2013

My eyes are usually a very very dark brown but sometimes when I look in the mirror they appear to be a dark green

charrrr

September 12th, 2013

I have green eyes, sort of olive green with some blue which is noticable if you looked carefully and I have a black line on my right eye that starts from my pupil and goes halfway and then goes grey, its really wierd. But I love having green eyes, get them from my great-grandmother :-)

joe

September 14th, 2013

Eye color doesn’t change mysteriously over generations like the author states. People inter breed with races of people with the more dominant brown eye gene and less blue eyed children are born. As to why she choose this explanation your guess is as good as mine probably to be PC about it.

ivy

September 15th, 2013

I have forest green eyes and didn’t know that there were not as many green eyes in the world. No wonder Coldplay was looking for them! lol

bob

September 18th, 2013

My mum has brown eyes my dad blue but mine are mostly green yellowish on the inside and dark blue around the outside so guess in an alien haha

Ashton

September 20th, 2013

I have brown eyes my husband has hasel.
All my reletives have brown eyea
my husbands mom and brothers have almost black eyes and his dad has hasel.
but his grandmother has blue eyes

My 2nd child came ouut with greyish greenish blueish eyes.
how does this happen?

Anonymous

September 21st, 2013

My eyes are brown, but people often say they change color! When I’m calm they are a light brown, when I’m thinking deeply or have just woken up they are a light brown and the strangest thing is that when I’m angry people say my eyes have a ting of red in them; I’ve yet to see that though.

Anonymous

September 21st, 2013

* when I’m thinking deeply or have just woken up they are a dark, dark brown

jubjub

September 23rd, 2013

sometimes my eyes are almost white with blue around the edge and then sometimes they are grey-blue with gold specks.

Jack Jaconelli

September 25th, 2013

I have brown eyes with green around the outside and then a black ring around the green don’t know what the black ring is tried google couldn’t find anything can anyone help?

Sophie

September 27th, 2013

my eyes are green with orange/copper colored brown near the pupil. I also have a black ring around my eyes.

Emma

October 2nd, 2013

sometimes my eyes are brown then the next day there brown on top then YELLOW ON THE BOTTOM? its very weird.. sometimes very dark green…

Teri

October 2nd, 2013

My eyes are very very dark brown almost black and at certain times they do go black you can’t even see my pupil. And as I am getting older they are staying black more and more of the time.

Amora

October 4th, 2013

I’ve always loved how my eyes have this blue ring around the iris, and then are grey for the rest. Interesting to know this stuff

GrowUp

October 12th, 2013

People need to realize that everyone’s eyes are different but we all have the basic same colors. There is no Red,Black,Amber,Yellow,Gold,Purple or crazy colors people are making up.
Yes, the lighting does effect how the eyes can LOOK different but they are NOT.
You are no special alien from a UFO or some kind of unique being other than a human.
Everyone thinks they are so special and have bazar eyes.
You are normal just like the rest.
Stop throwing in the odd colors to make yourself feel or look like you are something special.
It just makes you look immature and uneducated.
Read up on the basic eye colors and the facts are there.
If I could explain my eyes I would but i can’t.
I’m sure they would and do say my eyes are hazel but neither one are the same.
We all have a unique pattern but the basics are what they said up above.
;-)

agreed

May 26th, 2014

Thank you.

Yuko

October 19th, 2013

I was wonderin if you could tell me what my eye colors mean? I have a grey blue eyes but sometimes when I’m iside they turn to a very light blue green. I dont like my eyes Lol ive never been told that they are rare so i guess alot of people have them.

Shane

October 19th, 2013

What does it mean to have color changing eyes? Ever sense I can remember my eye color changes with my moods. One minute I can have hazel eyes then next minute they can be deep blue, or even green. There has been times that I have been told that my eye color goes black and if I’m really mad about something my eye color will actually go red. I really don’t know my true eye color as every time I look into a mirror they are a different shade or color all together.

Will

October 24th, 2013

Ok, so my eyes are really blue; but they have darker blue lines spreading out from the middle. But lately if someone looks at me from the side my eyes have no color, but then they look at me and BOOM!! Lots of color. Weird? Right?
My girlfriend has blue eyes too so that is cool too. Hers are a bit darker though

Eliana

October 24th, 2013

My eye color is bue/hazel! Turned grey once.

Nik

October 24th, 2013

My eyes have 3 different colors, it goes with a dark brown rim fading to green in the middle and fading to hazel around the pupils i think thats not very common if anyone has the same case of eyes please post a comment!

Kathryn

October 25th, 2013

I was born with black eyes, literally, then they went blue at about 2 weeks. I have been blue eyed until 3 years ago. I am now 46 and they are still green. Parents both brown eyes, grandparents, one blue one hazel. Genetics…strange thing. :)

Brook

October 25th, 2013

I really need to know what eye colour I have. Under some lights they look brown, but I recently have taken a picture of my eye and it looks kinda green with a hazel ring. Or that’s what my sister said. My natural hair colour is light brown.

Anonymous

October 30th, 2013

My eyes are blue with a dark blue ring around the edge where the iris and whites meet, kind of like a husky snow dog thing!! Have to say that I love it!!!!!

anonymouus

November 4th, 2013

Mine are green to blue and they.’ve a really dark red circle around the iris and a dark green ring..i’ve four little black spots on my right eye and no spots on the left!my mom has grey eyes my little brother blue with some yellow and my older brother light brown..

JK

November 5th, 2013

My eyes are green but in the middle they are brown does that mean I have central Heterochromia?

Diane

November 5th, 2013

My eyes are a golden green kind of colour but are surrounded by a midnight blue ring around the iris with random black spots in the iris. I am curious as to why my eyes look like this as my mom has blue eyes and my dad has brown eyes.

Abby (mystery)

November 8th, 2013

my eyes are a grayish blue kind of color my brothers and mother’s eyes look like that, anyway so how does my mom have that color eyes when her mom has baby blue eyes and her father has brown eyes.

Michele

November 14th, 2013

My daughter has heterchromia. One eye with two different colors. When she was little it was a small amount but lately it has gotten more and more noticeable. Should I be worried?

Timothy cahill

November 14th, 2013

My eyes are brown but sometimes they turn green do u know why this is ?

Delta

November 16th, 2013

I have blue eyes with hazel around the pupil.

Allison

November 17th, 2013

As far as I know not a single other person in my family’s eye color is even close to mine.. All my brothers and sisters have brown eyes that change from a dark chocolate color to this creamy caramel color, I’m 1 of 5. my dad has blue that sometimes go a grey/green color but not often. my mother has the same color eyes as my siblings. all their siblings have brown eyes except one with blue, my grandparents all have brown except my dad’s dad who had blue…. but mine are this crazy color(colors).. both my eyes are this golden color around the pupil(it changes a red color or and orange color depending on my mood) that starburst out. the next color is this tiny strip of white blue, that also starburst out, and then its a slightly larger strip of this green(which changes to blue when I’m happy) and this strange dark purple-blue color that lines the outside…… sometime the gold color will completely take over my eye color.. other times it the green… I don’t see how I can have this coloring based off of the info above.. and y are there so many colors?? sometimes I get told they look freaky because they are so strange

Branden

November 18th, 2013

My mom and dad have brown eyes, and I have light blue eyes. They are a very dark blue on the outer part, and a little green during the day.

Kenna

November 26th, 2013

I have blue-grey eyes. It really depends on what shade of blue or grey is around me. They can look more grey at times or more blue at times. My mother’s eyes are blue-grey too and my dad’s are green. My grandparents (mom’s side) have brown and blue-green eyes. My other grand parents have green and blue eyes. My little brother has deep, emerald green eyes.

Katy

November 26th, 2013

How come hazel eyes are not classed as a colour, look like you are saying their is only 4 types of eye colour: blue,brown,green and grey???

Carsyn

December 1st, 2013

My eyes change color constantly. I’m serious! My eye color varies from green (most of the time) to blue/green, hazel, then sometimes yellow/golden (not as much).

Eve

December 5th, 2013

Ugh.. I wish I had green eyes! My eyes are a gray-ish blue around the edge and around my pupil they are a rather green color. But when the whites of my eyes are red my eyes are definitely green! I don’t understand!!!

peyton

December 6th, 2013

My eyes are really dark blue on the outside then they change to light blue on the inside. Then around my pupil is this golden ring. I get so manh complements on my eyes and my eyes are REALLY big so they are hard to miss. I was just wondering if my eyes were like rare or something because no one I know has eyes like mine.

Ciara

December 8th, 2013

My eyes are tricky. They are a charcoal color one minute, blue the next, turquois another. But I have bits of amber and silver in them too and the outside of the iris is rimmed with really dark grey. People ask me what color my eyes are and I can’t tell them because I don’t know myself. Any ideas of what it might be?

herbert

December 9th, 2013

wow my eyes are just brown :(

Kimmi

December 16th, 2013

This mentions NOTHING about hazel, so where does that leave us hazel eyed people?

lan

December 28th, 2013

I know this guy whose eyes changes color as fast as his feelings. When he is scared, tense or worried his eyes turns green. The shade is proportionate to the degree of emotion he feels. The more tense he is the greener his eyes turn. When he is very very tense/worried it turn translucent green. When he is excited or aroused it turns blue and same thing; the degree of the excitement makes his eyes more translucent blue. I just love his eyes!!

yusha rizvi

January 1st, 2014

when I ws a kid ,,i ws having brown eyes ,,,but after sometime colour changes and now m having hazel eyes ,,strange !!!

Eden

January 2nd, 2014

I have hazel eyes and everybody in by family, dating back to my great great grandparents, had blue eyes. What?

John

January 5th, 2014

i have a black colored eye, (i dont know if that’s what we call because some says that this is a very dark brown) can i get another eye color using a therapy or surgery? and if yes, what surgery is it? thank you.

KJH

May 9th, 2014

You can get a type of laser surgery to do it, but the effects are permanent.

Addie

January 7th, 2014

Wow, there’s some crazy eyes here . . . My only claim to fame is they go black sometimes, but most of the time they are a plain, very, very, dark brown :)

barbs

January 9th, 2014

Mine are blue or grey. When I cry they look greenish.

Abster

January 9th, 2014

My eye color is Golden and I am not lying. My friends all notice it too and I have no idea what it means. Could you possibly tell me?

Mac

January 13th, 2014

Erm, my eyes change colour depending on mood, I looked this morning and they where gold, I was happy, just looked again and they where dark green,almost black and I’m feeling rather down, but when I’m angry they go a copper red colour, and they have silver around the edge, is there a reason for this happening?

Jess

January 18th, 2014

I think my niece has heterochromia. When she was a year old I noticed a small brown spot in her (left eye ) beautiful baby blues … Over the years that brown spot grew and grew.. Now, she is 12, and while she has one (right eye) obviously blue eye, the left is almost completely brown now! It’s about 80% brown. It’s unique and beautiful.

Angela

January 23rd, 2014

Albino humans have light blue eyes, not red ones. The red color is only seen in other animals.

Tom

June 11th, 2014

Not true…albino humans can have pinkish to violet eyes.

Chloe

January 24th, 2014

My eyes are lighr brown but have a dark hazel ring on the outside that change to a bright green and the light brown part has dark brown in it and has some red in it. My friends say I have Christmas eyes! My eyes change color too!

Heidi

February 2nd, 2014

I def have heterochomia. One of my eyes are blue. They other is half blue, half green! :)

jimmy

February 4th, 2014

Ok my eyes are light brown but when ever i am drinking hot coffee or any hot beverage it changes to dark yellow. Is this normal

Hope

February 11th, 2014

I have burnt amber or dark whiskey colored eyes. Everyone on my mothers side of the family has blue eyes. MY gram/gramp, aunt, uncle, cousins, mother. My dad has brown eyes. I dont understand how i can have so much blue in my genes and still end up with a variation of brown. riddle me that.

Hope

February 11th, 2014

oh! I was wondering, if i had a kid and the father had dark eyes, like melted chocolate, would it have brown eyes, blu or green? any variation of that at all?

Soup

March 12th, 2014

My eyes are straight up weird. i have heard of eyes changing color due to emotions, but here lately i have been hearing plenty of talk about.. get this.. spiritual eyes! supposedly eyes with a golden or yellow ring around them is supposed to tell you that your a spiritual person and it explains quite a bit of freaky things that have happened to me over the years. my eyes were originally a bright sky blue when i was born. it developed into some kind of blue-green-grey mix with what looks like an eclipse in my eye haha i admit that it is cool to look at, but the ring has me a bit worried. some others have been posting that it is linked to some disease or liver failure. im not sure what to make out of that, im a scrawny dude, i know i wont last too long. oh well.

Kittycat

March 14th, 2014

My eyes are bluish grey change to bright blue with yellow and orange in middle?!??!

kyle

April 25th, 2014

i have three colors blue outter yellow or tanish near the pupil and gray between which confuses me.

latika sahu

April 26th, 2014

My iris color use to be light greyesh from my birth till approximately 4-5 years…
And stangely its now light brown with some redish effects and dark brown outlines at my present age 14
I’m scared that is it normal or not….

Beth lyn

May 7th, 2014

I was born with red eyes and now I have an Amber color to my eyes and my husband has Vary Dark brown what color eyes is our child most likely to have?

KJH

May 9th, 2014

Well that doesn’t explain mine… I have ‘emerald’ or ‘leaf stem color’ green eyes, except the outer ring is a dark blue. But it’s nice to know the info!

Ashley

May 15th, 2014

my eyes are weird when my eyes are in natural light they are green but when a light shines in my eyes they turn blue

Millie

May 16th, 2014

My eyes are dark brown but sometimes my friend say they turn a little red and I just noticed it.my friend said she never seen a African Americans eyes turn red

Maude

May 16th, 2014

I have blonde hair and green eyes! I feel so very special.

Chris

May 19th, 2014

My eyes are blue, but what I want to know is. I have been told by many people my eyes turn a dark red when I’m angry and pitch black when I lose control of myself. Is this true or are they pulling my leg. If it is true what is causing it.

candice

May 20th, 2014

Well my eyes are like a light purple that turns into blue that turns into brown and when the weather is bad ( like storms) they turn red grey and yellow… what does that even mean for me?

Lauren

May 23rd, 2014

I have a mix of three colours- a dark forest green ring and a really light bluish green and then light hazel near my pupil. Does anyone else have this or is it just me?

Sofia

May 24th, 2014

I have blue eyes but every so often one goes green it is really freaky

Mandy

June 1st, 2014

I got green eyes but in the center just before my pupil is like color honey :3

alex neal

June 1st, 2014

I can change my eyes from dark brown to amber

It feels as if i am press the the back of my eyes with some type of muscle its wierd

chris

June 1st, 2014

My eyes are a clear blue like ice wih gold around the iris at nignt and a light green with gold arond the iris during the day

Orla Dyke

June 2nd, 2014

Hey! Lovely info. I have grey eyes that go to blue to hazel to dark brown if my pupils are small. In the summer with more light they are so many colours. I am lucky xx

BLUE

June 3rd, 2014

I read online that in the U.S. only 1 in 6 people have blue eyes??

Jennifer

June 5th, 2014

Hey!:) I really want purple/violet eyes(btw, now i have brown eyes)!:) I’ve been checking in the internet so much to see how can i get purple/violet eyes naturally! No contacts, laser surgery, or spells! Is there any way to take out my iris or melanin naturally or me doing it myself? I know that is hard and probably there’s no way to do that but is there anyway to do it?? Please answer! Anyone!:) …..

Jennifer

June 5th, 2014

@BLUE

That is probably not true!:/

Esi M

June 8th, 2014

My eyes were bright blue up to the age of 8… and then they turned a dark green with orange flaring around the pupil. I dunno if that’s normal. I’m almost 14 now, I look older. I think it’s a little strange how they go from completely blue to a dark green..They aren’t even close to the same colors. plus where did the orange come from?? I’m completely serious.. it’s strange and I have looked it up but no one else seems to have had that.

Dennis

June 12th, 2014

I have brown eyes from my mom and my dad has blue eyes, but ive noticed since my sophomore year tthat i have a greenish ring in my eyes on the outide whole the inside stays brown.. i don’t understand why the green ring fades on certain days and is lighter on some days. Does this mean my eye color is changing? If somebody could help me understand that would be greatly appreciated.

Margaret

June 13th, 2014

Lol my dad has blue eyes and my mom has brown eyes and I some how ended up with green eyes xD.

Emiline

June 17th, 2014

My eye color isn’t even listed! I have these really inky-looking dark gray eyes with specks of gold and blue and lavender in them. It’s weird, but pretty.

Kristina

June 25th, 2014

My eyes are a bluish grey, and sometimes turn light blue, but a portion of my left iris is always red. What’s the deal with that?

Alice

June 30th, 2014

My eyes are light brown in the middle, green on the outside, and have a bit of grey and caramel at the bottem. They appear to change colors. What’s the explanation for that?

Nymphidora

July 6th, 2014

Is it normal that my eyes are 4 different colors? My eyes are mainly brown but on the outer circle of my eye is a dark blue and i have gold rings in the center with green flecks around my iris…im not even joking its really freaky please help!

Ren Davis

July 7th, 2014

I’m very confused now. My grandpa had dark brown eyes when he was younger and then they turned blue-grey when he was older.
My mom “had” dark brown eyes, and they’re almost amber now. The same thing that happened to my mom is happening to my older sister except at a much faster rate.
My eyes were very dark brown. They still are but gradually they are getting much lighter. There is a ring on the border my iris that is the color my eyes used to be and then the rest of the iris looks almost red. Does my family’s eyes just lose pigment fast?

Sarah

July 11th, 2014

I have brown/amber eyes WITH freckles inside the color I am researching what the freckles Are, I am an identical twin and we have the same eyes both with freckles. My biology teacher said were a mutation because were twins but our eyes are another rare mutation! I’d love to upload pics to show you and ask questions.

AngelK

July 13th, 2014

The ring around my iris is vibrant blue, the iris itself is a light turqouise-ish grey, and around the pupil is a yellow halo.

Jayde

July 16th, 2014

At the pupil of my eyes it is brown then it fades into yellow then it fades into green. I also have a black ring around the green then there is a blue ring around the black one. What does that mean?

Kyle

July 24th, 2014

I have light brown around the pupil, dark green with brown flecks around that and a gray outline around that

Holly Dennjs

July 24th, 2014

I think my eyes are beautiful. They are a deep shade of blue with a dark green flaring ring around my pupils and while lines running from my pupil outward. Plus when Im angry the green in my eyes flare out and take up almost my entire eye. Ive always wondered if that was unique or more rare than I realize. My nephews eyes are like mine however his Dad my brothers eyes are just blue.