Rebel Shop Geek Store

World Statistics Presented In Augmented Reality Brilliance
World Statistics Presented In Augmented Reality Brilliance

LIFESTYLE | 4 Years Ago By Diana Adams

United States: 50 State Stereotypes [Humor]

United States Stereotypes Video

This is hilarious to me because if you live in the United States, you know there are stereotypes that accompany each state. I’m not a fan of stereotypes when they refer to individual people because they can be hurtful and damaging, but I’m all over it when it refers to a whole State because it’s just so freaking funny.

For example, what do you think of when you imagine Texas? I think of cowboy hats and line dancing. When I think of South Carolina, I think of sweet Vidalia Onions. Oklahoma and Iowa are all about tornadoes, and California is the land of movie stars. Of course, these stereotypes are ridiculous, but it’s still fun to think about.

Obviously there are some stereotypes about the city I live in, Atlanta. Usually when I meet people and tell them I live here, they say something like, “Oh, that’s the city where all the streets are named Peachtree.” It’s true; there are approximately 71 streets in Atlanta with a variation of Peachtree in the street name. However, I can assure you, there is a lot more going on here than just a bunch of Peachtree Streets.

This 2-minute video, which recently went viral, is a complete compilation of the stereotypes of all 50 States in the United States. I have no doubt you will enjoy this and get a good giggle from it. Do you live in the States? If so, was the stereotype about your state true? The one for Georgia was. #justsayin

50 State Stereotypes 2 Minutes

50 State Stereotypes 2 Minutes

Your Name

January 14th, 2013

I’m from Oregon: “Dreadlocks on Caucasians”. That stereotype is sad, disgusting, and accurate. Made my day. :)

HahaHa

May 18th, 2013

Ah Wyoming, It’s unsettling, because it’s true.

Your Name

June 3rd, 2013

I’m from Texas and New Mexico, I agree with both stereotypes

Your Name

July 16th, 2013

People in Maine do say Wicked, mostly the ones that live near the coast, but we don’t say “Eh”. Thats what Canadians say.

Trevor

November 12th, 2013

Haha so many Vermonters are either rich progressive potheads, maple syrup farmers, rich people who wanna live in the middle of nowhere with a mansion, Ivy League educated people, hippies and frat bros from Dartmouth Middlebury or UVM. The taxes are insanely high too, but I love this state

Brandon

December 26th, 2013

Grew up in the heart of Amish country and this is hilarious

Callan

January 3rd, 2014

All Floridians are “Hurricane” experts all because of 1992′s Hurricane Andrew, well why not ask New York (Irene & Sandy) or Hawaii (Iniki & Iwa).

noah

November 16th, 2014

Im from ohio and i like this steryotype but i think ohioans are drunk beer belly football fans that would cut your head of if you said anything about the browns or the buckeyes.