You will have a water heater that offers you the warm water during the winter season. Of course, this is one of the major amenities that one can have in their homes. But unfortunately, most of the homeowners forget about it, until it starts to offer the cold water due to some fault. Your water heater needs maintenance and replacement after a specific period. However, by hiring the proper and regular services, you can increase the age of your unit. It is also essential to hire the right experts at the time of heat pumps installation because this is one significant factor that will decide how well your heating system is going to work.
If your heating system is more than ten years old and it has started to show the signs like producing rusty water, leaking or not offering the hot water at all, then it should be a wise move to opt for the heating system replacement rather than hiring the technicians for the repair work again and again. The technicians that are known for their honesty and quality work will always suggest you the best option for scrutinizing the system.
IMAGE: HOME DEPOT
Neglecting the importance of replacing or repairing the heating unit at the right time will invite the risks of costly damages to your home. So, it is vital to hire the experts at the right time who will tell you whether it is the time for replacement or you need to opt only for heating systems repair. A faulty water heating system is not just a significant inconvenience, but it is also a source of increased energy bills. There are many latest energy efficient water heaters available in the market, so why not to have your 15-year-old unit replaced with them?
If you are looking to replace your old water heater, then you have to replace it with the best electric tankless water heater as it will save you up to 20% in energy costs as it uses less energy and will automatically increase the value of your home. In the market, there would be many brands and models available, and you will have the choice to select the one that fits best according to your budget. But whatever unit you buy, you should read some reviews about it online before purchasing it.
Another essential thing to keep in mind while purchasing a new water heating unit is to check its energy efficiency rating. You can do all such stuff online quite quickly as everything is accessible online today. So, it becomes effortless to know the worth of something rather than making a wrong investment. So, these are the basics, but essential things that you should keep in mind before deciding on water heater replacement or water heater repair.
How To Replace Your Water Heater
Please follow the steps given below to replace a water heater:
- Take a voltmeter and check that the electrical disconnect is off. Turn off the gas or electricity to the heater.
- Take out all the water present in the tank. This is an important step, and you should drain the heater and allow air into the system.
- Now, with the help of a pipe cutter cut the hot and cold lines to the tank. Always place a bucket underneath the tank for any water which overflows.
- Remove all the wires and try to understand the connections.
- Now place the new tank in the required position.
- Make the hot and cold water connections carefully.
- Fix the pipes and connectors in place.
- Now install a brand new temperature and pressure relief valve so that the system lets off excess heat and pressure automatically.
- Check all the electrical or gas connections so that they work correctly. In case of a gas connection, a new union should be used.
The steps are easy to implement, but you have to hire experienced water heater installation specialists, plumbers, electricians to do the job for you. Remember every connection is necessary so there must be no compromise on the safety. Always use new accessories and pipes when installing a new heater.
If you are interested in even more lifestyle-related articles and information from us here at Bit Rebels then we have a lot to choose from.