CamFind Website CamFind Website CamFind Video App Store Google Play CamFind Website App Store App Store CamFind Website CamFind Website CamFind Video App Store Google Play CamFind Website App Store App Store
Close
Rebel Shop Geek Store

Subscribe

How Social Media Compromises Home Security [Infographic]
How Social Media Compromises Home Security [Infographic]

Bit Rebels Facebook Page
KICKSTARTER
J.A.E.S.A: Next Generation Artificial Intelligence
J.A.E.S.A - Next Generation Artificial Intelligence
KICKSTARTER
Looksery: Real-Time Face Transformation Filters
Looksery App
KICKSTARTER
Leaf Mount: Collapsible Stand For iPads, Samsungs, Kindle+
Leaf Mount
KICKSTARTER
ANTVR: All-In-One Universal Virtual Reality Kit
ANT Virtual Reality
Previous Article
Check Out More Of Our Geekery
Next Article
LIFESTYLE | 3 Years Ago By Diana Adams

Taco Bell Back In 1982 [10 Pics]

Retro Fast Food Restaurant

When was the last time you went to Taco Hell… err… I mean Taco Bell? To me, Taco Bell is college food, kinda like Ramen noodles. If you’ve got 5 bucks in your pocket, you can get a complete meal at Taco Bell and even have some leftover.

I remember earlier this year when it was discovered that Taco Bell’s beef taco only contains 36 percent beef. What is the other 64%? Apparently it is made up of water, wheat oats, soy lecithin, maltodrextin, anti-dusting agent, sodium phosphate, autolyzed yeast extract and modified corn starch. On a positive note, they received praise from PETA for not using real meat in their beef tacos.

Fast food restaurants have changed so much over the years. They used to be simple and cozy. I remember working at Wendy’s when I was in high school. It seems so old-fashioned now as I look back. I used to work the cash register at the drive-thru, and the register was so basic that it didn’t even tell us how much change to give back after we took someone’s money. We had to figure out the correct change in our head.

When I was playing around on the Internet this morning, I found these pictures from a Taco Bell back in 1982. There is something so nostalgic about remembering when fast food restaurants looked like this. They almost resembled a real dining room back then. This particular Taco Bell was at 1157 East Santa Fe Street in Olathe, Missouri. It opened in 1976 and had 38 seats. The drive-thru was added in 1983. Although this restaurant is closed now, there is apparently a big brand new Taco Bell right across the street from where this one used to be.

Retro Fast Food Restaurant

Retro Fast Food Restaurant

Retro Fast Food Restaurant

Retro Fast Food Restaurant

Retro Fast Food Restaurant

Retro Fast Food Restaurant

Retro Fast Food Restaurant

Retro Fast Food Restaurant

Retro Fast Food Restaurant

Retro Fast Food Restaurant

Image Credit: [HapHappy]

 
 
 
 
Author Avatar Image Representation

Author: Diana Adams

Diana has a passion for blogging and has written over 4,000 blog posts. You can usually find Diana working in her home office in Atlanta or sitting in the corner of a downtown Starbucks somewhere with her mobile devices in one hand and a Grande Caramel Macchiato in the other. She loves Star Wars, hot chicken wings, and nice people.

Leave A Comment

You Might Also Like...
Bit Rebels
Dream Come True: The Vending Machine That Dispenses Fresh French Fries
Dream Come True: The Vending Machine That Dispenses Fresh French Fries
SHARES
295
Become A Real Geek: Learn The True Tech Lingo [Infographic]
Become A Real Geek: Learn The True Tech Lingo [Infographic]
SHARES
272
Squishy Flexible Plastic 3D Printing Material Allows More Creativity
Squishy Flexible Plastic 3D Printing Material Allows More Creativity
SHARES
230
Drivable Life-Size LEGO Go-Kart For Adrenaline Junkies
Drivable Life-Size LEGO Go-Kart For Adrenaline Junkies
SHARES
163
8 Types Of Infographics & Which One To Use When [Infographic]
8 Types Of Infographics & Which One To Use When [Infographic]
SHARES
466
 
css.php