Rebel Shop Geek Store

KICKSTARTER
ANTVR: All-In-One Universal Virtual Reality Kit
ANT Virtual Reality
LIFESTYLE | 3 Years Ago By Diana Adams

Smallest Town In America: Population One Person

Monowi Nebraska One Person Population

I can’t decide if this is sad or kinda neat. As you see in that sign, the town of Monowi, Nebraska has a population of one person. Her name is Elsie Eiler, and she is 77 years old. Most of the town’s buildings are crumbling down, and as you can imagine, it’s very quiet and desolate.

The last event at the town church, which is pictured below, was the funeral for Elsie’s father fifty years ago. Elsie works at the tavern where she claims she serves the coldest beer in town. Of course, she is the only employee and it’s the only beer in town, so business is good. She serves the people passing through who decide to stop.

The streets of the town don’t really look like streets. They are overgrown with grass and weeds, and look more like little pathways. Monowi has always been a small town. Even back in the 1930s there were only 150 people living there. However, now it’s a very different scene. For example, the town school hasn’t had any children there in three decades. Elsie spends some of her time in the library which has 5,000 books stored in it. Most of them belonged to her late husband, who by the way, she met in elementary school in this same town when she was a little girl.

Don’t feel sorry for Elsie though. She stays there because she wants to, and she loves it! She is even the town mayor. Plugging finances into a tax calculator, she figured she could raise taxes on herself so she could repair four streetlights. She knows that when she can’t care for herself anymore, she will have to leave the town like everyone else, but until that day comes, she will enjoy the cold beer and the notoriety of being the town’s only resident. You go girl!

Smallest Town In America

Smallest Town In America

Smallest Town In America

Smallest Town In America

Smallest Town In America

Smallest Town In America

Smallest Town In America

Smallest Town In America

Via: [Amusing Planet] [Reuters]

Author Avatar Image Representation

Author: Diana Adams

Diana has a passion for blogging and has written over 4,000 blog posts. You can usually find Diana working in her home office in Atlanta or sitting in the corner of a downtown Starbucks somewhere with her mobile devices in one hand and a Grande Caramel Macchiato in the other. She loves Star Wars, hot chicken wings, and nice people.

Peter

January 23rd, 2013

Vampire Town !!

Wolf Man

January 29th, 2013

Amazing seems so peaceful!

Sonia

February 22nd, 2013

Wish I could live there, I hate Colorado.

john

August 17th, 2014

there are more 1 person towns like hulton PA

Julie

May 26th, 2013

Looks like the ultimate prepper town. Beautiful, peaceful, and far from civilization.

Serina Kaine

June 1st, 2013

That is such an awesome little town!!! I’d LOVE to live there and help fix it up!! Bring my kids there! They’d love it, it’s so quiet and peaceful! Plenty of room for all their animals and them to run and play and have summer time parties without getting in trouble from nosy neighbor’s! LOL… specially since my boy has Autism!

stephen rose

November 3rd, 2014

i agree with you i know one thing tho im already planning a trip up there. Hell if theres tree lims spred out in the town or stuff like that ill help her out and pick it up and stuff like that. heck i think i just found me a history paper already better go up there before may since this is my last year of school

omar

July 10th, 2013

awsom

White Trash Rowell

July 22nd, 2013

Is The Females In This Town Single Or Do I Have 2 Hump The Farm Animals Like In The Last Small Town?

chad

August 11th, 2013

OMG if she is the only resident… WHO TOOK THE PICTURE???

adam

September 3rd, 2013

I admire her I wish I had my own town I wonder if she knows ppl think she’s awesome im def gonna visit this place

Kacem

September 4th, 2013

I want to learn more about her and the town.

Norris

September 27th, 2013

(2) Have a regular sleep, at leaet 8 hours a day tto
keep your body in normal condition;. Back pain numbness is
not something that should be taken lightly byy any means.

Numbness of thee skin of the lips, cheek, and tongue is a well
recognized annd unpredictable side effect of nearly any Orral
Surgery procedures but it is especially associated with the removal of lower wisdom teeth and other surgical procedures at
the back of your lower jaw and with surgical procedures on your lips.

Noie

October 15th, 2013

Awesome!! This has to be the only town without any of the bad things that goes on in the city.

john

August 17th, 2014

Dennis

October 28th, 2013

I wonder if the land their is for sale and if so how much for it?

Joy

October 31st, 2013

I have relatives who homesteaded in the area, lived in Minowi and were buried in the cemetery. My parents went there to research family history. They said it’s pretty interesting.

Debi

December 30th, 2013

would it be possible to move there and help get the town fixed back up?

stephen rose

November 3rd, 2014

agreed im gonna find out to

Zachary

May 24th, 2014

SO COOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

stephen rose

November 3rd, 2014

im going to make a trip up there to Monowi Nebraska. When i get up there im going to look around the area and that. Im also going to eat at the restaurant she has there and much much more. I might even bring her some more books. Then im also going make me a history paper on this place and also put this on my website under traveling section