Rebel Shop Geek Store

Subscribe

Guy Builds Incredible Portable N64 For Comfortable Gaming Anywhere
Guy Builds Incredible Portable N64 For Comfortable Gaming Anywhere

Bit Rebels Facebook Page
KICKSTARTER
J.A.E.S.A: Next Generation Artificial Intelligence
J.A.E.S.A - Next Generation Artificial Intelligence
KICKSTARTER
Looksery: Real-Time Face Transformation Filters
Looksery App
KICKSTARTER
Leaf Mount: Collapsible Stand For iPads, Samsungs, Kindle+
Leaf Mount
KICKSTARTER
ANTVR: All-In-One Universal Virtual Reality Kit
ANT Virtual Reality
Previous Article
Check Out More Of Our Geekery
Next Article
LIFESTYLE | 1 Year Ago By Diana Adams

Send Emails To “Future You” To Keep On Track With Your Goals

send-emails-to-future-you

If you want 2013 to be your best year yet, which I’m sure you do, you probably set some goals for yourself. In order to achieve those goals, you are most likely willing to use whatever tools are at your disposal, right? You could even take it one step further and get “future you” committed to your goals as well. There is a new website that was setup to help you do just that, which brings me to another point.

Whenever I think about goal setting, I am always reminded of that famous study of Harvard MBAs, which you are probably familiar with. That study took a decade to complete, and the results determined that it is very, very important to write your goals down on paper if you really want to achieve them.

According to that Harvard study, 3% of people have written goals and a plan to achieve them. 13% of people have goals, but they are not written down. And last but not least, 84% of people have no goals at all. Over their decade of research, they found that the 3% of people who wrote their goals down went on to achieve them. Not only that, but that 3% went on to earn 10 times more money than the other 97% combined.

The moral of the story is…commit your goals to paper. If you want to learn more about this, you can read the a book called What They Don’t Teach You At Harvard Business School. The website I’m sharing with you today won’t help you with writing down your goals, but it sure would be fun to send and receive an email to future you, right? I think so. If you go to Letters to Yourself, you can send future you a reminder about your goals. Your message to yourself will be emailed to you in 6 months. What a clever yet simple little idea! It would be even more fun to send future you an email that you’d receive in 10 years. The problem with that is – we will probably not still be using email in 10 years, or at least I hope we won’t!

Send “Future You” An Email By Going To Letters To Yourself

letter-to-future-you

letter-to-future-you

letter-to-future-you

letter-to-future-you

Via: [Design Taxi] Header Image Credit: [Frugal Beautiful]

 
 
 
 
Author Avatar Image Representation

Author: Diana Adams

Diana has a passion for blogging and has written over 4,000 blog posts. You can usually find Diana working in her home office in Atlanta or sitting in the corner of a downtown Starbucks somewhere with her mobile devices in one hand and a Grande Caramel Macchiato in the other. She loves Star Wars, hot chicken wings, and nice people.

Leave A Comment

You Might Also Like...
Bit Rebels
Google vs. Facebook Internships: Perks & Pay Comparison [Infographic]
Google vs. Facebook Internships: Perks & Pay Comparison [Infographic]
SHARES
309
Dead Yourself: Make Anyone A Walker With The Walking Dead iPhone App
Dead Yourself: Make Anyone A Walker With The Walking Dead iPhone App
SHARES
170
The Current State Of Artificial Intelligence [Infographic]
The Current State Of Artificial Intelligence [Infographic]
SHARES
210
Get Creative With The iPhone 5 LEGO Brick Lightning Cap
Get Creative With The iPhone 5 LEGO Brick Lightning Cap
SHARES
219
World’s Largest TV Is So Big, It Won’t Fit In Your House
World’s Largest TV Is So Big, It Won’t Fit In Your House
SHARES
193
 
css.php