Is there any secret formula to writing a great research paper each time you get a new assignment at college? How do so many students manage to handle every writing assignment without having special writing skills and knowledge? And what can you do particularly to succeed at college too?
If you don’t know yet, there is no one universal formula or magic pill, which helps you to become a writing pro in a day. Practice is what you need. The more you compose, the better your writing skills become. But that’s not all. Writing more is not enough. What you need is to compose correctly. How?
Try to implement our today’s recommendations in practice, and you’ll see the results. In order you need your paper for tomorrow, you can apply to a professional writing service – Australianwritings in case you live in Australia or study somewhere in Melbourne or Sydney. But if you have at least a couple of days till the deadline, you can start practicing your writing skills right away, following the advice below.
How To Handle And Write A Research Project Like A Pro
Writing a research paper is not so difficult as it seems at the very beginning. Finding the right approach can ease this process a lot. Even the hardest and the longest assignment is not scary at all if breaking it down into several parts. So, be ready to work with each research paper gradually, without trying to do all at once.
First of all, think about what materials and information you’re going to need for your assignment. Where are you planning to get that kind of information from? Library? Internet? Both of them? By the way, we don’t recommend relying on the online sources only. A library should be a prior choice for this purpose. Decide whether you’re going to interview an expert in your field to get additional up-to-date information for your project or not. Only after this, you can skip planning and be writing directly. Preparation is the key.
- Now you can start working on your paper directly. But don’t start with planning or writing immediately. Firstly, think about what you want your future research to accomplish. Read the title a couple of times, figuring out the keywords and phrases, which will help you to understand the real goal of the assignment. What is it about? Make sure you have a clear understanding of what your teacher expects to see in your paper. Explain a topic to yourself before trying to explain it to the readers;
- If you have a chance to choose a topic by yourself, pick something that you’re passionate about. Don’t choose a topic, which might be interesting only for your teacher from the academic point of view. If you’re not interested in what you’re writing about, then the writing process itself will be much harder and slower;
- Brainstorming is a must. Since you already have a topic, start writing down everything you know about it. Write down even the simplest ideas you have. Just write down everything you would like to discuss this topic in your paper. Then, filter those ideas and pick the best ones;
- Now you’re ready for writing a paper. Start with a plan. Create a clear a plan of what and how you’re going to write in your paper. Imagine your project as a structured process, which consists of several step-by-step elements;
- Then, go to the library. Leave Google for later. Usually, students think they can find everything they need online. But that’s not true. The easiest way to find academic books, journals, and articles on any topic is by going to the library. Only if you can’t find some specific material there, you can turn to the Internet. Do not build your research paper on online sources only. Planning of interviewing some experts in the field? Do it now. Don’t mix research and writing processes together. Do a full research and only then start using it as a backbone for your paper. Don’t forget to look for useful figures and tables to complement your paper too. Check whether there are any documentaries on your topic out there;
- Then, compose the first draft and check it for a couple of times to see whether you’re moving in the right direction with your research or not;
- When the paper will be finished, don’t forget to proofread and edit it several times. Ideally, you have to leave your paper for 1-2 days, and only then come back to revise it one more time.
That’s all for researching and writing. As you can see, mastering your writing skills is not rocket science. Additionally, try to use libraries as your workplace while writing a paper. Studies show that students who use libraries get higher scores and better results at college.
If you are interested in even more lifestyle-related articles and information from us here at Bit Rebels then we have a lot to choose from.