We are overjoyed when we know of friends who are experiencing triumphs and successes in life. Whether it be with their relationships, work, or whatever aspect of life, we celebrate with them. However, when we experience failure, often times we find it hard to deal with the situation. One reason I love Twitter is the fact that I get a lot of inspiration from just reading tweets by the people I follow. For example, I love this tweet from @StaciJShelton and @SweetSoaps. It reads, “You are the architect of your own beautiful life.” I find so much truth in this very simple statement. We may not have full control over our life, but we do have some control over shaping our future and our destiny.
When we experience failure, the best way for us to conquer it is to find ways to turn that failure into a success. Another tweet that inspired me to write this post is from @Lotay. It reads, “Sometimes life will be unkind to you; don’t be bitter; learn, let go, and thrive.” I have gone through so many failures in my life, but I never let them bring me down, and I don’t allow them to kill my dreams. Here are some tips that I hope can help you handle the failures in your own life.
1. Acknowledge your mistakes - The best way to handle failure is to acknowledge your situation. Only when you accept the mistakes and errors in your actions will you be able to move forward and take the necessary steps to correct them.
2. Evaluate your situation – By taking a step back and tracing your steps, you will you be able to correct the situation you are in. Evaluating what happened will allow you to see what went wrong. The best part of doing this is that it will allow you to see that things can be corrected, and that it’s not the end of the world for you.
3. Talk to people you trust – When we experience failure, we get so stressed out and worry so much that we are not able to think straight. It is always good to try to talk to people you trust. They may be able to give you advice and comforting words that will allow you to think more positively, which may help you manage your situation better. Don’t be afraid to ask for help. As I mentioned earlier, no one is perfect. Maybe your friends and family have been in the same bad situation that you are in now, and they can teach you how to overcome it.
4. Learn from your situation - The best way to handle failure in any aspect of our lives is to learn from the bad decisions we have made, and try to make sure that we do not repeat them again.
5. Move forward – Forgive yourself and move on. We can only free ourselves from failure if we let go of the past and move forward to live life the best we can. Try and try until you succeed is always my battle cry when I experience obstacles on the way to my goals.