Everyone works so hard these days. I’m a workaholic and so are most of my friends. We seem to be constantly working. If you sit in front of your computer as much as we all do, then you know how hard it is to take a much needed break sometimes. I work on deadlines with clients a lot, and at times I know I need a break to feel inspired again, but I simply don’t have any time to spare.
However, guess what I’ve discovered recently? You can actually take a break for five minutes and feel better afterwards. Can you spare just five minutes? Sure you can!
After all, if we don’t take a break when we need it, we won’t be working at our optimum potential, so take 5 long uninterrupted minutes just for yourself! You deserve it! What can you think of that you can do with five whole minutes?
Here is a list to get you started…
1. Drink a bottle of water
2. Hit a punching bag
3. Play Wii
5. Pet your dog
6. Read to your child
7. Play an instrument
9. Get on the treadmill
10. Make a fruit smoothie
11. Read an interesting article
12. Empty the top rack of the dishwasher
13. Practice yoga
14. Close your eyes and listen to your favorite song
15. Kiss somebody you love
16. Take a quick shower
17. Do some sit-ups or jumping jacks
18. Call your mother (but keep it short and sweet)
19. Send someone special an email or e-card
20. Walk outside in the sunshine
21. Stand up and stretch
22. Get into the art of breathing
23. Enjoy a cup of hot tea or coffee
24. Put your feet up on your desk and just chill
25. Last but not least, my personal favorite – Tweet!
Here is a five minute timer that you can set! Good luck!
Thank you so much for the great photos!