Rebel Shop Geek Store

ANT Virtual Reality
Previous Article
Check Out More Of Our Geekery
Next Article
LIFESTYLE | 3 Years Ago By Diana Adams

12 Signs Your Girl Might Be High Maintenance

Is your girlfriend high maintenance?

I was talking to my girlfriend on the phone the other night, and somehow we got on the topic of what it means to be a girl that is “high maintenance.” I’m the first to admit that I don’t particularly like that phrase when it describes a human being. I mean, normally my dog, my garden (if I had one) or my beige suede boots might be considered high maintenance, but not a person.

However, since I’m going to call it like I see it, yes, some girls are high maintenance. The interesting thing to me is that I don’t consider myself high maintenance at all. However, I do get my manicures/pedicures regularly, I do get my hair colored, and I do wear nice clothes. I think the difference is, I pay for these things myself. I don’t expect anyone else to buy them for me. So, I would like to point out that even though this post is written with huge generalities, there are exceptions to every rule, as always. And, for all of you that were about to call me out, I just want you to know that I prefer beer over wine, which is proof I’m not high maintenance.

If you are a guy who doesn’t know what high maintenance means (yes, those innocent souls do exist), I’m here to educate you. This is a top 12 list that my friend and I put together of ways you can tell that your girl might be high maintenance. I’ve probably left some critical tell tale signs off this list. If you can think of any I missed, please leave them in a comment below.

12. She squints her nose in disgust if your car is not sparkling clean, inside and out.

She makes you brush that old french fry off the seat, and pick up the papers off the floorboard before she will get in your car. If your car isn’t an expensive sports car (preferably a convertible), she will wear big dark sunglasses so nobody recognizes her riding in it.

Is your girl high maintenance?

11. She has a tiny foo-foo dog that she carries in her Louis Vuitton bag.

High maintenance girls and tiny, well-groomed foo-foo yip-yap dogs go hand in hand. Their dogs usually become accessories, and they often have little polka-dot bows in their fur, rhinestones on their collar and their doggie toenails polished.

Is your girl high maintenance?

10. She criticizes your clothes and style as if you aren’t good enough to be seen with.

She might even think she is doing you a favor when she throws away your favorite t-shirt you’ve had since the 80s. What the high maintenance girl doesn’t realize, or doesn’t care about, is that by treating her guy like this, she is going to give him a complex. Then, when he finally dumps her and starts dating someone normal, he is going to take that insecurity with him into his next relationship. It’s just not cool. Let him dress the way he wants for God’s sake.

Is your girl high maintenance?

9. A one-night trip requires several large pieces of monogrammed luggage.

Note to high maintenance girls: It is not necessary to take 8 pairs of shoes, 4 bottles of moisturizer, 5 handbags and every lipstick color you own on an over-night trip. Who’s gonna carry all that crap anyway? He’s your boyfriend, not your butler. C’mon, gimme a break.

Is your girl high maintenance?

8. She would rather jump out of a moving car than go camping or spend time in nature.

To a high maintenance girl, staying in a hotel without room service is “roughing it.” She can’t even fathom what it would be like to go on a picnic or fly a kite. Besides, she might break a nail doing those things. What’s even more annoying is that if a high maintenance girl decides to throw you a bone and go on a picnic, she is so preoccupied by watching for mosquitoes and bugs that she can’t even have a good time.

Is your girl high maintenance?

7. She gives her hairdresser and plastic surgeon nicer birthday gifts than she gives you.

After all, she sees them as much as she sees you. She’s been making payments on that liposuction for two years, and she’s excited to get more. High maintenance girls hate exercise because they don’t like to sweat, so plastic surgery is the only way to maintain their rockin bodies. And, don’t even get me started on the hair upkeep. Let me just say this, if your girl is a high maintenance girl, then trust me, her hairdresser and plastic surgeon both know every detail about your sex life. You can go into denial if you want, but it’s a fact.

Is your girl high maintenance?

6. She takes two fricken hours to get ready to go to the store.

OH. MY. GOD. This has got to be one of the most annoying traits of the high maintenance girl. You will say, “Honey, let’s run up to the store and pick up some snacks.” Meanwhile, two hours later, she is still putting on make-up and curling her hair. Are you f’ing kidding me? I have friends that do this. It makes me wanna bonk ‘em on the head.

Is your girl high maintenance?

5. She’s clingy and your friends think she’s bitchy, but she looks like a perfect princess.

See, that’s the big advantage to dating a high maintenance girl. She always looks good. As a matter of fact, her looking so good makes you look even better (especially to other girls). But, she won’t make any effort to be friendly to your friends, and she won’t leave your side for a minute. God forbid you leave her sitting on the couch while you go to the bathroom. That would be torture for her, and she’ll let you know it.

Is your girl high maintenance?

4. She decorates your house with stuffed animals.

She even talks to the little teddy bear in a baby voice as she perfectly positions him in front of your computer. High maintenance girls enjoy acting like babies; it’s how they get you to do all the chores around the house. There is no way they will do things like take out the trash, pump gas or wash dishes. Looking all cute running around the house with stuffed animals is a good way to get out of doing that stuff.

Is your girl high maintenance?

3. Her needs always come first, and she depends on you to make her happy.

Usually, that requires spending a lot of money on stupid stuff. She never looks at the price tags when she has your credit card in her wallet. The funny thing is, even after all that, she never really seems happy. This spills over into things that don’t cost money too. For example, she pouts when you want to have a couple friends over to watch the game, and she also pouts when you won’t watch back-to-back episodes of Glee. She doesn’t understand the word “compromise.”

Is your girl high maintenance?

2. She won’t drink tap water, ever, even if it’s filtered.

She normally only drinks Fuji Water. She’ll drink Vitamin Water, if she has to, in a pinch. Oh, and her dog won’t drink tap water either. I read a funny post on Experience Project from 2006 about this. The author wrote, “This not only demonstrates high levels of maintenance, it shows that she’s basically an irrational idiot too.” Omg… Lol Of course, there are some exceptions to the rule. I hear some people can’t drink tap water because they have IBS and other illnesses.

Running water through faucet

1. If you put an end to her spending your money, she’ll dump you.

And, after that, she’ll immediately find someone new (with a credit card with no limit). The bottom line is, some men really dig this kind of girl. But, if you are gonna keep her; you are going to have to pay to play. There is nothing wrong with wanting a trophy girl on your arm if that is going to make you happy. However, in my own humble opinion, I think a geeky girl with a spunky personality beats this other crap hands down. But then again, I’m a girl, what do I know. #justsayin

Is your girl high maintenance?

Image Credits: [Jennie Book / Shutterstock] [olly / Shutterstock] [Maksym Protsenko / Shutterstock] [photobac / Shutterstock] [Daniel Ochoa / Shutterstock] [Viktor Ivannikov / Shutterstock] [val lawless / Shutterstock] [holbox / Shutterstock] [MaxFX / Shutterstock] [Franck Boston / Shutterstock] [Felix Mizioznikov / Shutterstock]

Author Avatar Image Representation

Author: Diana Adams

Diana has a passion for blogging and has written over 4,000 blog posts. You can usually find Diana working in her home office in Atlanta or sitting in the corner of a downtown Starbucks somewhere with her mobile devices in one hand and a Grande Caramel Macchiato in the other. She loves Star Wars, hot chicken wings, and nice people.

David

February 9th, 2013

My girlfriend from Germany didn’t know what a high maintence women is when I complimented her for not being one. I read this to her, and now she knows.

Nick

March 14th, 2013

I’d say the high maintenance man or woman is essentially the layman’s term for someone with a Cluster B (antisocial, narcissistic, histrionic, or borderline) personality disorder or a subclinical version with those traits.

krista

March 21st, 2013

While I agree with some of the things this author said, part of this is completely stupid. I have a small “froo froo” dog, and guess what? I adopted her from a shelter because she was about to be put down for being misunderstood and abused. And yes, I carry her with me sometimes. Not in a designer bag, but she likes to be with me because she was abused and abandoned and needs a lot of attention and love because of that. I also take a lot of shoes and clothes with me, even on an overnight trip. Mostly because the places I tend to go, I like varied activities. I can go hiking and then out to a 5 star restaurant for dinner, a small country diner for lunch, etc. Sorry but you can’t wear the same shoes and clothes you wear hiking or to a casual lunch to a fancy restaurant. The rest of the things I agree with but honestly the other two, aren’t high maintenance and you should think before you generalize all people who have small dogs

Annette

July 14th, 2014

don’t over react…its only one persons opinion

Katarina

April 25th, 2013

If you bitch about the shit on this post it probably means you’re high maintenance. Just saying. All of this is 100% true and it probably offends all the girls whom it applies to, thus the bitching. Because that’s all the girls are. -___-b
You also forgot to write about how dumb high maintenance girls are. They have no sense of intelligence or logic either.

alyssa

May 16th, 2013

im high maintenance AND THIS ARTICLE IS COMPLETE BS. actually the women with low self esteem are the ones that are low maintence. the women who wrote this is a complete idiot and jealous of all the gorgeouse high maintenance women. we know what we want and when we want it and in the end we are the real and strong women and get the man over judgmental women like you. by the way live isn’t all about pleasing a man you insecure women you

Ozzydad2@aol.com

June 9th, 2013

Learn to spell ..

chantal

June 16th, 2013

Alyssa, PREACH IT.

Strong women know that they can take a man for all he’s gonna give, and as long as we look good, he isnt going to say no.

whoppy

June 19th, 2013

My girlfriend only has 5 of the 12.. and importantly not #1 or 5, so yay!!

Cecila

June 20th, 2013

What’s up, everything is going well here and ofcourse every one is sharing information, that’s really
good, keep up writing.

sunscreen pills

July 19th, 2013

If you’re trying sun screen pills to stick close to traditional wedding fashion, from Small to Long in arm length, 30 to 38 down the inseam of their full range of models.

Your Name

July 22nd, 2013

After further review of this i am now more certain than ever that these people do suffer from these types of personalities,they really should try to get help or in the least try to work on things for their own personal edification,and not use people as stepping stones for their own personal gain,i’ve seen these people,and indeed,they are revisionist historians and they use histrionics to get what they long for as well,be wary,they have a different internal currency than other people and your emotions ARE NOT PART OF IT.

Kik Thompson

July 25th, 2013

I think this article stupid, guys always tell me I look high maintaince and your damn right I got a little dog. But guess what I maintain myself. Chances are most high maintaince girls are pretty and carry themselves well. In a harsh world were men try to get what they want and use and abused pretty girls. Why should we not be high maintence what’s in it for us? If your use to a certain life style why change that. It’s funny how when it has to do with money and looks people are negative low self esteem blah blah. I love myself so being selfish isn’t a bad thing it’s just life.

Do what if you realise your girl is high maintence what are you meant to do then leave her cause of some stupid article please…

Sway

August 2nd, 2013

I get called high maintanice thou I don’t buy gifts for my hair ppl or care what my guy wears. My guy did buy me a mini dog bc I didn’t want one and it was the middle.
What I found so stupid and down eight sexiest being high maintanice doesn’t mean the guy pays for my shit. I work for my stuff and if I wish to spend it on myself and look good – trust me my guy isn’t upset about it.

Dorothy

August 14th, 2013

Hi maintance. There’s nothing wrong with loving your self. But when you all f up on the inside. There is a problem. You are ugly any way. I dont care what yoy put on. And what kind of dog you have. You still ugly. Point blank.

Michael Swartz

August 15th, 2013

#1 and #3 and to some extent #6 are what really define high-maintenance women. The rest not necessarily so.

J.T.

August 18th, 2013

Wrong. wrong. Wrong.

High maintenance is an attitude and not necessarily behaviors and certainly little to do with money.

A girl that has extremely high expectations and rages when things do not go their way are high maintenance. It’s not just a rich, Paris Hilton girl that can be high maintenance. Any woman can be high maintenance if she drains her guy emotionally with petty, self-centered attitude.

How True

September 3rd, 2013

for the women that think they are high maintenance, you are such losers.

OhLoL

January 2nd, 2014

Oh wow wow wow! Katarina, who is actually a guy that uses a woman’s name, relax. Don’t put your woman hatred on the internet. It is a give away that you are a basement-dweller who doesn’t and can’t get laid. XD

OhLoL

January 2nd, 2014

And for all stupid men who thinks they have high maintenance girl, LMAO IT IS YOUR FAULT! Because if you think they are high maintenance then why still have relationship with that woman, you should just dump her for a not high maintenance one or don’t be involve in a relationship at all. Should all women also complain on how sexually needy all men are? Woman give men what they want, men must also do so. Simple.

Christina WIlson

January 16th, 2014

I think this basically translates as you screaming out in agony that you are a VERY jealous person…

AW

January 30th, 2014

It is just to bad that we don’t have a real time machine to send these women back in time to see what it was really like.

David

February 11th, 2014

Thanks for the article but if I show my lady this look the bleep out lol
11 out of 12 hits
sighs
might be time to move on

Wes

April 3rd, 2014

High maintenance women in a room full of strangers normally are the quiets ones, take away fashion and beauty and reality TV and they have nothing to talk about as there whole lives are spent fantasising in the mirror… Life is for living and when u get old people don’t remember how hot you were only the influence u had on people around u.. But what would I know I’ve only dated half a dozen hot women..

smoof

May 15th, 2014

@ohlolo

“Woman give men what they want, men must also do so. Simple.”

How romantic, you’ve described prostitution.

A Person

July 7th, 2014

I’m with J.T. on this one. Also, like the author states,

A Person

July 7th, 2014

…there are exceptions to every rule. To me, the statement that a preference of beer over wine automatically makes you less high maintenance was the most laughable point in this entire article.