Rebel Shop Geek Store

ANTVR: All-In-One Universal Virtual Reality Kit
ANT Virtual Reality
Previous Article
Check Out More Of Our Geekery
Next Article
LIFESTYLE | 3 Years Ago By Misty Belardo

10 Tips To Overcome Frustration!

10 Tips To Overcome Frustration!

Frustration usually occurs when our intended personal goals and dreams are not met. We may feel frustrated when an outcome of what we wanted to happen simply did not happen, or when we meet challenges. There are so many things that can cause us to be frustrated. Some people act on that feeling, while others do not. More often than not, the cause of our frustrations can be attributed to external forces that we do not have control over. It can be triggered by a situation like a gadget not working, or even by another person. Frustration can block us from feeling motivated. We can react by trying to solve what is causing the frustration, or we can just simply give up.

No matter what the cause is, people respond to this behavior differently. It is normal for us to be frustrated every now and then. It is the way we react to it that is important. Will you try to find a solution, or will you just give in? The worst behavior would be to act violently towards others that are causing the problem. Just like any behavioral problems that we encounter in our lifetime, there is always a way to overcome it. Here are 10 tips that I hope can help you overcome frustration!

1. Talk to a friend – It is always healthy to talk to someone else about anything that is bothering us. Well, maybe not everything, but the point here is to be able to share bottled up feelings with someone instead of just keeping them all to ourselves. Who knows, your friend might have some solutions that can help you!

2. Write your successes and failures in a journal – Whether you do it using an online journal or a pen and paper, keeping track of our activities that we feel are limiting us is always helpful. That way, we can have a check and balance as to what worked for us and what didn’t.

3. Accept reality – We also need to check our own reality. If we have done everything within our power to accomplish something, and it still does not work out, then we should try to accept it as it is. What I do in this kind of situation is write a pros and cons list, and then I take it from there.

4. Track your progress – Sometimes we feel that things aren’t moving fast enough, or they are not working the right away. That could lead to a lot of frustration. Do a check list and see how you are progressing. Sometimes small steps may seem like nothing, but being able to cross those small steps off the list one by one is helpful for seeing successful progress.

5. Take a long walk – Taking a break is always good. Do not think of what is causing your frustration for a moment. Hopefully the long walk or break will allow your minds to be clearer once you decide to go back and tackle the problem or situation at hand.

6. Stop blaming yourself – Maybe the cause of your frustration is something of your own doing. Accept that and try to find solutions rather than blaming yourself incessantly. It will only put you in a negative mode which will do more harm than good. It’s your fault; accept that and move on.

7. Stop being angry – Anger is one way to vent our frustrations. It can be either directed towards ourselves or to the one causing the frustration. Watch a funny movie or read the comic page of your newspaper. The point here is to minimize anger so you can think straight. Only when you are thinking straight and calm will you be able to address the problem that is causing you to be frustrated.

8. Take a hot bath or sleep it off – Relaxing your mind by either taking a long hot bath or sleeping it off will do wonders for your tired mind. Being angry or frustrated can make us weak and vulnerable to stress.

9. Be around positive people – It is always good to be around people who are optimistic. You can get energy from them as well as advice if they have encountered similar situations like yours.

10. Try to be positive – Try to think of the other difficult times that you have encountered and yet succeeded in the past. Say to yourself, this too will pass, as it always does. It may not be an easy thing to do, but if we try to count our blessings and see where we have triumphed in the past, we can see that there is no way that we cannot get through this as well.

We all have times in our lives when we get frustrated. It is a natural emotion that we need to get through. As long as we work towards dreams and goals that we want to see happen, we will encounter some sort of frustration. Remember, it is how we deal with it that is important.

Image Credits: [prodakszyn / Shutterstock] [Roger Jegg - Fotodesign-Jegg.de / Shutterstock] -  As they appear

Author Avatar Image Representation

Author: Misty Belardo

Misty is a Digital Sr. Project Manager at Barefoot Proximity in Cincinnati OH. Her true love is design and self-expression. She believes in encouraging others to bring out their creativity to the surface and in whatever medium they feel comfortable with. A designer at heart that loves hand drawn design. She enjoys sketching, painting and doodling. Creating avatars and hand drawn icons and logos are her favorite. Gifted with a very active imagination and uses that to blog about her interactive experiences. Coffee and music lover. Loves social media, co host of PodJamTV with Marty McPadden. Connect with her on Twitter @mistygirlph and FaceBook : Mistygirlph

nadia

April 18th, 2013

These are temporary solution. not permanent.

san

July 4th, 2013

everything is temporary in this world even you

jason

July 8th, 2013

These are all good ideas. I especially liked the one with writing down your thoughts. Many times in a daily journal that I keep I do this. I find that many times after I am done I have figured out a solution to a problem, gotten a better perspective on the problem or realized all together that its stupid of me in the first place to even get aggrevated in the first place.

Sarika

July 13th, 2013

what if you are getting frustrated coz of ur own family member (Husband) who doesn’t say anything… Keep mum ..doesn’t express anything… & ur ideas dosn’t match… You just cant even ignore him….. what will u do ?????

Saikat

August 28th, 2013

My girlfriend left me because im not like other normal people. 1 years gone but im still trying for patchup. but she doesn’t want me. she like to live her life in her way. i want everything back. she was the most important thing in my life. only thing she left me cause i’m very much metal music addicted and she doesn’t like these kind of music. Now i am fill up her emptyness with music and weed. but i can’t. everyday is like hell for me. i don’t if she will come or not.. but i will not give hope. oneday everythings gonna fine. i just need a good job for this. because she wants a perfect life with her husband. somehow i have to be her husband at any cost. its all my fault for everything. i can’t concentrate on my regular work. please help me somebody.. i want to overcome this situstion and live my life with joy like others.

Bilal Sayed

June 20th, 2014

HEY buddy just move on in your life … I think you deserve some thing better.

Lucky mfeka

September 2nd, 2013

I have family related problems its just that im a down to earth person n ppl take advantage of who n what i am. I asked my mum to loan me money in order to help firther my studies but she told me shed be waisting it n she would rather spend it on her married boyfriend yet i do so many things 4 her i show her love cause shes my parent n while i was working i made sure that i covered the family needs first to a point that i couldnt save some money 4 me to study. It has brought me a lot of frustration cause i cant find a job just with my matric certificate. Shes made loans that i had to pay n i just lost myself i dont even have friends anymore.

Rev Emmanuel O. Otu

October 22nd, 2013

Frustration is a natural phenomenon,be positive in your thinking and be sure that your mental health is sound.

radhika

November 11th, 2013

I hav completd LLB n nw preparing for competitive exmz.i was the topper all d three yearz of LLB.nw i cnt evn concentrate on ma studies.i hv a boy frnd who is always nice n supportive.but ma parentz r searchng guys for me. I cnt marry anyone except ma boyfrnd and i dnt want to get committed evn to ma boyfrnd until i get job. M very decisive on that. But m mentally down.nobody is there to help me.realy frustated.plz gimme a solution

REVD JACOB

November 22nd, 2013

hi radhika hoe this comment wil hlep you ,your havin two problems one parents pressure and other job and marrage .so try some other studies that wil help you to persue your job like ma psycology or b.ed that would help you to get a good carrer b.ed you can go for teaching and M.A. in psycology wil help ypu to lead into as school counsellor more demands in these areas . try out these hope it would be useful, regarding parent for searching a guy tel them am not interested now . all the best radhika

Edward Wanjiku

February 2nd, 2014

Always know tht everything happens for a
reason and one cant force love and the early you know tht one doesnt love you the better it is.
If she loves you then she has to accept you
just the way you are and if thats impossible then move on and funny how life
it is because you will find that one who will
love you unconditionally and accept you for
whom you are.
Never waste your life away for someone not worthy of you nor should you take drugs!yet herself she is having a blust of her life.
LOVE YOURSELF!!

karuna

February 9th, 2014

i m very short tempered persong i have a kid of 4 years he is very very naughty i beat him a lot. Sometimes i couldnt stop myself and i blame my mother in low for this and a quirrel sstarts i dont why i do such things i m very frustrated plz help

Sahana N

February 15th, 2014

I am working in a Mnc and having 5+years of experience in investment banking..I worked hard for promotion but i didn’t get it.i am very frustrated about my work.. I am planning to quit but i dont have other job in my hand right now

jini

April 6th, 2014

I can’t liv wid a prson I wanna tk divorce bt my family is nt supporting me nd I also have the feeling of letting them down I ve to fight fr my life bt not with the outsiders infact with my dear once I hate doing this…can’t able to choose between my life or my family….plzz somebody help me

falak

July 4th, 2014

I newly got married but m not at sll hpy n its lobe marriage m Tired of my life mu husband I don’t knw what actually he wants from me please help me please

jay

July 31st, 2014

look falak i think the best solution is yo ask him what does he want whether he need space or is he in any problem or anything else try to realise him tht u r always there for him ,i think this will work for u

jay

July 31st, 2014

jini the elders are always they are guiding you from their exprience just stand at their position and look if u cant do tht ask them tht y they are saying like tht and whats good and bad in tht if u still face froeblem do tell

raju

August 15th, 2014

Before reading the tips and other people ‘s comments

I was deep frustrating on my business and my bad habit.

Now I finding solutions with self motivated and without angry, blaming anyone.

Be happy whatever happens and try to accept that….