A dissertation is just an extended version of a simple essay. So, why do so many students are afraid of this word? What is so special in this so-called “extended essay”?
A dissertation writing process is an overwhelming procedure. A student has to write 200+ pages of qualitative content approved by respected scholars and professors. A typical dissertation means a profound research supported by strong arguments and evidence. It seems to be too difficult even for those who have already written hundreds of essays, lab reports, and business plans. So, is it possible for an average student to write a dissertation, which will be worthy of special attention and high grades? Yes! Look through the following 10 tips for writing a dissertation or check this link right here now to complete your dissertation accordingly to general standards and rules.
10 Tips To Complete Your Dissertation In Time
1. An appropriate topic. You should choose a topic, which will be interesting not only for scholars but also for you. May it be something you are passionate about. It must be something concrete and clear enough to finish a dissertation.
2. Small steps. Set small goals and don’t rush a writing process. It is better to write several qualitative sentences than hundreds of non-functional words.
3. Brainstorming and organizing. Don’t try to generate and organize new ideas at the same time. Brainstorming is the first. Organizing is the second.
4. Plan your schedule. Spend at least several minutes a day on your dissertation. Don’t leave everything to the last moment. Even 10 minutes of analyzing and editing can improve your writing a lot. The optimal time for writing is 40-45 minutes. After this, you can take a small break to refresh your head and share new ideas with other people.
5. Don’t forget about arguments. Arguments take a special place in your dissertation. They should be convincing and grab the reader’s attention.
6. Language style. Never use colloquial language and slang words in your paper. Avoid words, which you are not sure about.
7. Standards and structure. Carefully study common standards and structural requirements of the dissertation in your university. If needed, consult with your teacher. Even the smallest error in structure and composition can influence your final grades.
8. Pay special attention when quoting someone’s ideas. Stick to general format rules.
9. Proofreading and editing. One of the most important and challenging moments of the dissertation writing process is editing. Make sure that you have enough time for qualitative proofreading and editing. Always ask someone else to read your paper aloud. Then leave it for several days and read again with a clear head. Never proofread and write your dissertation at the same time.
10. Always check your paper in plagiarism-free programs.
These 10 tips will make your writing process much easier and faster. In case, you are still not sure in your dissertation, turn to professionals for a piece of advice.
For more writing-related information and tips here on Bit Rebels, click here!